Tuesday, May 26, 2009

6 Months and Weekend Away!

A week ago today Sophia turned 6 months. It's hard to believe because it still feels in so many ways like she was just born. Yet when I look back at early pictures I realize just how much she has changed and grown already. She's so fun and has a real personality now and I just think she's the cutest thing ever! Her 6-month stats:

14lb, 7oz (25% percentile)
26.5" long (75% percentile)

So we've got a long and lean little lady on our hands. I was a little worried about her weight but the dr assured me more than once that she is perfectly healthy and there wasn't anything to worry about. We're starting to run into clothing issues with the waist being too big (in 6-9 month clothes) but the length being too short (in 3-6 month clothes)... not sure what we're going to do about that!


Last week we also tried feeding Sophia cereal for the first time. Baby girl was NOT impressed!



After her 6 month appointment Thursday we packed ourselves up and headed to Pittsburgh for the weekend. Since the winter weather seems to be behind us we finally took our first road trip and, although it was overwhelming at times when she'd cry and I couldn't pick her up, Sophia did really good. We visited with tons of family and friends, many that had never met our little sweetheart, and had a blast. I was especially impressed at how well Sophia did at my grandparents house with literally about 40+ people surrounding her at all times and passing her around. We were also so thrilled to finally meet sweet Cori and celebrate her first birthday as well! Some pictures from the weekend...

Sophia and her big cousin (by 2 months anyway)
Sitting with great-grandma...



And with great-grandpa...

Hanging out with Uncle Dan...

And with her godmom Ame

1 comment:

  1. She's so sweet. Pog did not love the cereal anyway. In fact, I didn't care for it when I tasted it. :) She is just so cute!!

    ReplyDelete