Monday, January 19, 2009

Christening Day

Sunday was Sophia's Christening Day and it was wonderful. I was so happy that Sophia was able to wear the same gown that I did when I was baptized. It's been in my my family for nearly 60 years. My mom (the oldest of 7) was the first to wear it and many aunts, uncles & cousins have worn it as well.

Sophia did well and, although we did have a couple of screaming fits early in the service, she absolutely loved when the priest poured holy water over her head. It actually soothed her to sleep! Afterwards we had a small party back at our house which turned out great.


Mommy & Sophia:


Daddy & Sophia:



With her godparents Ame & Anthony:

My little girl wiped out at the end of a long weekend:





3 comments:

  1. How special that so many people have worn the gown. It's beautiful, as is she. Congratulations Sophia!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are all so beautiful! And I really love the history behind the gown. So very sweet.

    ReplyDelete